October, 17th 2022
The project « EXXTRA ESCP-4X » (EXcellence EXchange and Teaming-up between RAilway clusters and ecosystems) is closing its path in a few days, and the key learnings and outcomes will be shared in an event in Brussels, also available online.
For the Partners, EXXTRA has been a great platform for scale-up as individual clusters but mostly as group of (railway) clusters:
- 2 COSME-funded spin-off projects (SMEs Internationalisation via Public Procurements; Adoption of Advanced Technologies by more traditional SMEs);
- 1 new European meta-cluster with legal entity established: « ERCI-European Railway Clusters Initiative ASBL »;
- the will the play a leading role in scaling the Blockchain technology at EU level for the Railway & Multimodality Value Chain.
Welcome speech from Europe’s Rail Joint Undertaking – the EU Research and Innovation Programme for the Railway sector | Carlo BORGHINI, Executive Director ERJU
Key achievements and lessons learnt by the EXXTRA project for Cluster Excellence, Added-value Cluster Services and ClusterXchange. (possibility Questions&Answers during the presentations)
How the “spin-offs” of EXXTRA are shaping the evolution of the Rail Value Chain in Europe: state of the art and future vision:
· Presentation of the EU-funded project “S-ACCESS” and its contribution to the EU Industrial Strategy for Global Competitiveness and to the EU Trade Policy (SMEs Internationalisation through Public Procurements)
· Presentation of the EU-funded project “STARS” and its contribution to the EU Industrial Strategy for Twin Transition and Resilience and to the EU Digital Strategy for Blockchain (Adoption of Advanced Technologies by SMEs)
· Presentation of the brand-new legal entity “ERCI-European Railway Clusters Initiative ASBL” and its bottom-up contribution to the advancement of the Rail Supply Industry, with special focus on SMEs and integration of European territories. (possibility Questions&Answers during the presentations)
What the challenges ahead for the Railway sector in Europe: Open dialogue on Resilience of the Value Chains.