October, 16th 2020
Within the context of the 7th edition of the European Cluster Conference 2020, the EU-funded European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) will organise an Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event. The Cluster Matchmaking Event will be held as a European Cluster Conference post-event on the 11 and 12 of November 2020.
The objectives of the event are:
- To initiate and to strengthen cluster cooperation among European cluster organisations by exploring trade, investment and partnering opportunities;
- To develop connections between Europe’s value chains, clusters and ecosystems; and
- To promote discussions and networking between participants, which would ultimately result in the development and signing of Letters of Interest, Memorandum of Understanding, and other types of partnership agreements.
Who can participate?
The Intra-European Cluster Matchmaking Event is open to cluster and business network organisations from countries eligible for participating in the COSME programme. There is no sector restriction.
Requirements to participate in the event:
- The clusters or business network organisation must be a legal entity established in a European Union Member State or other COSME country. See list here.
- The cluster or business network organisations must be registered or have requested to be registered on the ECCP. Cluster or business network organisations which are not yet registered on the ECCP can apply for registration on the ECCP until 26 October (23.59 CEST).
- The cluster or business network organisation should comply with the definition given in the section 1.3 (s) on ‘innovation clusters’ in Annex I of the “EU Framework for State Aid for Research and Development and Innovation ».
The selected cluster and business network organisations will have to submit a commitment e-mail in which they agree:
- to participate in the preparatory webinar titled “Tracking of potential partnerships and guidance to business showcase,” which will take place on 2 November at 14h CEST;
- to conduct at least four virtual matchmaking meetings during the event; and
- to complete an Online Questionnaire to provide feedback on the effectiveness of the event and recommendations for future events.